I got more leather for my jacket, this bitch is getting finished.
Also, American lolly shop had twinkies, yay, I get to try one and see what all the excitement is about. (I hope this doesn’t end as badly as it did with the poptarts, those were disgusting.)
Done the gold of the lapels, gonna go over it all with some watered down black, since it seems too bright, it’s better in person, but it’s still too light.
And worse lighting to show them off, but I’ve sewed some red beads along the leather bit.
Still need to buy more leather for the borders then I can start hemming and putting the lapels on.
Started painting the lapels, unfortunately the cyan paint is drying 3 shades darker than I expected.
I’m hoping I don’t have to scrap these, because it’ll be Wednesday when I can go get more material and paint.
It’s wearable now, and has sleeves.
Made the sleeve leather bit a bit big, but oh well.
Need to fix the middle back seam, it keeps giving me a duck tail, and needs to be a bit tighter. But yeah, going well.
I still don’t know what the middle bit is, but I really wanted to atleast have something, even if it was wrong, and I managed to make a rose with leaves out of the shapes, so I went with that. looks alright, apart from the awkward placing.
I’ve pretty much run out of paint, and I still have two more strips to paint patterns on… Damn.
Haha, it’s totally not symmetrical, fuck it. Close enough.
I will darken/thicken some bits later, but right now, I’m saving what’s left of the paint for the shoulder bit.
I was seeing how far I could overload the drawing App.
I managed to make it shut itself down, then on reboot, it changed the portrait drawing to landscape, and cropped the top and bottom on it, and all the layers were shifted all over the place like someone couldn’t colour inside the lines.
I succeeded in the overloading!
I was running around the upstairs with this on as a cape.
Gonna have fun trying to make sure the little design on the front panels are perfectly mirrored tomorrow.
I want to get that part done before I start trying to figure out the sleeve. (It has a giant slit in it, why.)
Process so far: I’ve cut out all major panels and sewn the back together with the leather.
Leather is being surprisingly co-operative this time round.
Minor flaws with shape, mainly because I’m not using an actual pattern, I just got a jacket that fits me, put masking tape on it and peeled it off then stuck it to newspaper to make a 2D pattern. Patterns are expensive.
Haha I’m buying fabric to do a Mary Read Cosplay too XD
Heh, more the Mary-er.
Hope all your material is cheaper than mine was.